Menu

° Home ° About ° Links ° Contact °

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Tiny Adventures: June Food

Dear Gin,

I have been trying new things and broadening my experiences. I am growing and working to become a better version of myself! It starts with attitude and action.

I took a few pictures of some things I did in June. I want to remember that feeling of accomplishment and facing the unknown. Passion and curiosity over laziness!

The Food

When I saw that organic brussel sprouts were on sale I knew now was the time to try them. I didn't follow a recipe to cook this. I just cooked it up the way I thought it would taste good. And it did! I was surprised, honestly. I've always heard people say something like "the only way they'll taste good is if you deep-fry 'em." Well, that's false. 'Cause these are delicious!

Sauteed Sprouts with Onion and Garlic
A bag of brussel sprouts
Onions
A clove or two (or more if you're so bold) of garlic
Seasoning like ground black pepper
A little bit of squeezed lemon
A scoop of white miso paste (for extra flavor which it didn't need)

Quesadillas!


I've cooked this many times. But this time I changed my process a bit, used different salsa, and made a guacamole salad. 

Oh my gosh I should look away from this picture. I'm about to start doing the Homer-Simpson-Drooling-Over-A-Donut-Sound. 






Grapefruit
Why does grapefruit have to look so deceiving?

So juicy and vibrant. Plump and ripe.

I've tried it once before and wanted to try it again. It took me a few bites to reacquaint myself with this bitter citrus taste. I drizzled honey on it to make it a little sweeter, which turned it into a delightful snack. I ate the entire fruit!




And that's all I got for now. Every little bit of progress is better than none at all! ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment