Menu

° Home ° About ° Links ° Contact °

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Last Day of Summer

It is the last day of summer...

And here I am enjoying it to the fullest: being as lazy and productive as possible. I've watched so many episodes of Game of Thrones over the weekend that it is a little ridiculous (I'm half way through season 2). Actually, I think this is perfectly fine. This is my last day to do whatever I want without worrying about what is due tomorrow or what big decision must be made. It's kind of like Mardi Gras and school is Lent. :'D Anyway, I also made a wonderful brunch today of fried eggs and potatoes, a cheese omelet with onions, spinach, and tomatoes, and a chocolate cupcake with crunchy peanut for the frosting. JUP. Happy belly. I went for a bike ride, walked around this park on my street, and swung on the swings. Wooo picturessss:




I was feeling pretty nostalgic because I was of the notion that this is my last true summer everrr. When you're in school, summer becomes this ideal season for running and trees and backyards, sweating, growing, and learn on your own terms. Summer was adventure time. School is so rigid in comparison. The days are structured your life is set for months. But just because I'll be finished with college in December doesn't mean summer is gone forever. Seasons are cycles after all. Still, I want to say goodbye to that little piece of childhood some way. I kind of wanted to go to a garden. I love that scene from Harriet the Spy; it's their last day of summer and Scully takes them to this awesome garden with all these recycled materials. Maybe I'll try to make a wind chime for my back porch...

Check it out:


Right now I'm loading the next episode of GoT and I have a bunch of laundry ready to put away. Getting ready for tomorrow, graaaa!@(*$#@$()*. After that I'm gonna pack some lunches. Hopefully I can make enough to last me through the week; I'll let you know how it goes. I've been taking notes from this awesome website with hundreds of awesome lunch ideas, and it's helped.

Until next time:) I wish everyone starting school again good luck. See you tomorrow Kayla, maybe?

G

No comments:

Post a Comment