Menu

° Home ° About ° Links ° Contact °

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dear Kayla: Tea, inspiration, and brain food

Dear Kayla,

Four weeks from now, I'll be leaving for Peru to. I'm nervous-excited :D:

Anyway I figure that once I'm there I want to get into a routine. While I haven't have the perfect routine post-graduation, I did set some guidelines for myself. I made this:



I had a 2 part time jobs, a temp job for an online magazine, and an online class to focus on, but tons of other projects I wanted to work on as well: our two blogs, yoga, writing,  reading books, reading the news, learning about the publishing field, being healthy, having fun, finding inspiration, etc. It was pretty overwhelming at first. Organizing it all to fit my ever-fluctuating schedule helped so much. Even if I didn't stick to this all the time, I could keep track of what I needed to do, my priorities, my hobbies, my goals. I put a big tea cup in the middle because anytime is a good time for some warm hydration; it cools me down when I feel stressed or tired. I figure I'll have to make another one of these schedules in Peru.

And if this schedule was made to organize the things I wanted and need to do, here is the opposite of a 'to-do list'; here are my acomplishments::

-Bought a plane ticket for Lima, Peru
-Finished my online Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) class
-Received recommendations from my college professors
-Read 17 books/comics
-Joined a book club
-Made YouTube/BookTube videos
-Filed my taxes
-Took bike rides
-published some poems

Yay:) I hope it doesn't seem like I'm showing off. But I think everyone should try it. I get anxious
about all the deadlines and future things I need to finish or start or practice everyday. Every once and awhile it's good to recognize our mini accomplishments.

Hoookay. Bye for now,

<3Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment