Menu

° Home ° About ° Links ° Contact °

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

So this is the New Year


Motion City Soundtrack "Together We'll Ring in the New Year"
This must be it. / Welcome to the new year. / The drinks were consumed, / the plants were destroyed, / and the hors d'oeuvres dismantled. / I'm not smiling / behind this fake veneer. / I am often interrupted / or completely ignored, / but most of all I'm bored.



Death Cab for Cutie "New Year"
So this is the new year. / and i don't feel any different. / The clanking of crystal /explosions off in the distance / so this is the new year / and I have no resolutions / for self assigned penance / for problems with easy solutions.

These songs always come to mind when I think of the New Years. There is all this pressure to change so suddenly, all these made for TV movies about miracles. It's not my favorite holiday. I invested too much in a single day thinking, "If things go wrong today, then the whole year is screwed!" For some strange reason I think that whatever I'm doing when midnight comes will dictates the rest of my year. One time I happened to be in the bathroom during the countdown. This year I want to get over myself and wipe the poo off my face. The first day of the year is almost over, and there is still plenty of time to have a beautiful life and make it a beautiful year.

First blog post of the year, done. Hope we can keep it up, Kayla, one day at a time.

Love and Happy New Year,

Ginny



No comments:

Post a Comment